ACNM membership is open to Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNM),Certified Midwives (CM), as well as to students enrolled in A.C.M.E. accredited midwifery education programs(Student category) and any other interested professionals (Associate category). Click Here to see a full list of membership categories and eligibility requirements. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding ACNM membership, please contact the Membership Dept. at (240) 485-1825 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACNM works for you by designing and providing benefits and services which assist you in serving your patients, your community, and your profession. Your decision to join ACNM will benefit you and it will help the entire profession. There is strength in numbers.
Does your employer pay your Annual Dues?
If not, click here for ideas on how to sell them on the value of ACNM membership.
Heightened Public Awareness of the Profession
Support Regarding Business and Clinical Practice Issues:
- Endorsed Liability insurance program for members from Contemporary Insurance Services, Inc.
- Officite LLC providing member discounted website design & hosting for midwifery practices & individual providers
- Consultative assistance on employment practices, clinical practice issues, billing and reimbursement issues, and quality of care issues
- Guidance on regulatory and institutional accreditation issues
- National representation with relevant external health agencies
- Practice support publications, such as QuickInfos, resource packets, clinical bulletins and position statements found in the online ACNM Library.
Government Affairs Activities:
- Input on important issues through the College's national office in Silver Spring, MD, just outside Washington, D.C.
- Liaison with regulatory bodies such as CMS and HHS, as well as state regulatory agencies
- Speak Out for Midwifery, an interactive online tool that allows members to communicate with their federal and state policymakers, as well as the media
- Tracking and analysis of state legislation and regulations
- Access to State Policy Fact Sheets (available in the ACNM Library) summarizing the laws and regulations governing midwifery practice as well as summary tables
- Provide strategic consultation, issue briefings and state lobby day plans to ACNM chapters and their lobbyists
- Answer questions concerning state legislative and regulatory requirements and provisions
- Advocacy for midwifery causes with Midwives-PAC.
- Lobbying on federal and state midwifery issues
- Coordination of grassroots efforts
Support for Midwifery Education:
- Engage federal funders to ensure that there is an adequate supply of CNMs/CMs
- Collaborate with the A.C.N.M. Foundation to fund student scholarships
- Printed materials, speaking engagements and exhibits aimed at recruiting nurses into the profession
- Development and maintenance of the Standards and Core Competencies
- Identification of sources for student scholarships and/or loan programs
Publications that inform and educate:
Opportunities for continuing education, such as:
Special discount programs:
Opportunities to lead or be recognized:
Web site services, such as: