About QuickeningQuickening is a members-only quarterly publication that provides midwifery news, research, and information to members of the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM). If you would like to write for or contribute content to Quickening, please review our editorial guidelines before submitting your piece to [email protected].
Closing Dates for upcoming issues
June 1 - Advertising and editorial submission deadline for the Summer 2015 issue of Quickening.
September 1 - Advertising and editorial submission deadline for the Fall 2015 issue of Quickening.
Quickening OnlineClick here to access Quickening digitally via your computer, tablet, or smart phone. You must be logged in to access Quickening.
Spring Quickening is here! In this issue:
- Results of the 2015 ACNM elections, including the new president-elect
- ACNM 60th Annual Meeting & Exhibition
- We've got it! Our new 5-year strategic plan
- Update on the Alliance for Innovation on Maternal Health (AIM)
- Your future foretold: Value-based payments are on the horizon
- Revamped OMOT website explainer
- Hometown Heroes who are building the past, present, and future of midwifery
- Global leaders come together at the Call the Midwife symposium
- Ultrasound education coming in 2015
Our online Quickening archive dates back to 2005. If you are looking for an article or issue from before 2005, please contact ACNM Writer & Editor Barbra Elenbaas at [email protected] with the issue date and article title.
Quickening in Print
As an ACNM member, you will automatically receive a copy of our membership magazine in the mail every quarter. If you would like to save trees and receive ONLY the digital issue, please drop us a line at [email protected].
Please click here for more information on advertising with the American College of Nurse-Midwives, and how to place an ad in Quickening.