By Ellen Martin, CNM, MS, FACNM
Deadline: March 1, 2018
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Note to applicants: If you have any problems with this program please contact Ellen Martin at [email protected]
Board of Governors
Governors at Large
Document drafts for review by Fellowship from Ellen Martin.
2008 ACNM Bylaws, Article XV, Council of Fellows
Annual Duties of the Board of Governor Officers
1. ACNM/AMCB leadership on national or international levels. (30%)
2. ACNM leadership on regional, state, and/or local levels. (30%)
3. Pioneering, innovative, and/or unique contributions to midwifery clinical practice, education, or care of women, infants, families, and communities on local, state, regional, national and/or international levels. (15%)
4. Contributions to professional growth of midwifery through precepting/mentoring, scholarly endeavors, publications, or research on local, state, regional, national and/or international levels. (15%)
5. Other significant contributions to perinatal or women's health care or to health care policy on local, state, regional, national and/or international levels. (10%)
APPLICATION AND ELECTION PROCESS
1. FACNM applications may be obtained by downloading the form here. The applicant should complete the application on line following the directions in the body of the application.
2. The applicant should address all sections of the application to be completed by the applicant (original work only), assemble the completed application, a current CV, a letter of support from your sponsor and any other letters of support (a maximum of two letters of support in addition to the letter by the Sponsor). A $50 non-refundable application fee will be collected payable to ACNM/FACNM. The applicant should solicit sponsorship from a current Fellow who is not a member of the BOG. Members of the FACNM BOG are not eligible to serve as sponsors. The sponsoring Fellow should send a letter citing the nominee's qualifications for Fellowship to the candidate for inclusion with his/her application. Up to two additional letters of support may be solicited by the candidate and be included in the application.
3. The entire BOG will be notified that they can assess the entire slate of candidate applications and supporting documents. Each BOG member will make selections and return their scores to the BOG Chair. Election is based solely on the contents of the application and ballots are independently cast. There is no discussion of applicants among members of the BOG. No lobbying, internal or external, is allowed.
4. The BOG Chair issues letters of invitation to those candidates who have been elected.
5. A written acceptance is returned by the stipulated date along with a 150-200 word professional biography and a portrait photograph for publicity purposes. A $125 induction fee made payable to ACNM/FACNM must also be remitted at that time.
6. A formal induction ceremony is held at the following ACNM Annual Meeting. If possible, prospective Fellows should be in attendance the year that they are elected. If such is not possible, the candidate may choose to defer induction for one year or may be inducted in absentia. A certificate of Fellowship and a medallion will be presented at the time of induction.
7. Following induction, Fellows are entitled to use FACNM after their names.
8. Application to Fellowship will be limited to three times over the lifetime of an applicant. This policy will not be enforced retroactively for those applicants who applied prior to 1999.
Projected Timetable for FACNM Application
This page was last modified 8/29/2018 10:29:44 PM