A Fellow's responsibility is to help advance the organization, its membership, and the profession of midwifery. Opportunities include leadership and consultation as needed at the affiliate, state, and/or regional level. In addition, please consider the following:
- Join a Fellows Committee. Here are the 2023-2024 committee co-chairs from the Fellows Board of Governors. Please reach out to them directly:
- Fellows are encouraged to consider speaking on a topic of interest at the Fellows' Talk during the ACNM Annual Meeting. Please reach out to your FACNM Board of Governors Regional Representative if interested.
- Fellows are encouraged to consider running for the FACNM Board of Governors. If interested, please reach out to the FACNM Nominating Committee to learn more about the varying roles and how to proceed. The BOG is committed to diversity and inclusion in its composition.
The BOG of the FACNM has executive, regional, governor-at-large, and nominating committee positions. Please check the BOG positions for when terms expire. The BOG and nominating positions are elected by the Fellows of the ACNM. Submit your name by December 1st for the election the following year which occurs prior to. March 15th.
- Fellows are encouraged to reach out to prospective midwives who might meet criteria for ACNM Fellowship and suggest they apply. Please consider writing a letter of recommendation for their application and mentor them in the process. Please use these instructions to assist in writing the letter.
- Fellows are invited to serve as mentors to students and new midwives. Please reach out to Fellows Board of Governor members Kristen Ostrem-Niemcewicz, DNP, MSN, CNM, FNP-BC, FACNM and Heather Findletar Hines, DNP, CNM, FACNM to get involved.
- Anti-racism Committee - Sascha James-Conterelli, Linda McDaniel, and Susanrachel Condon
- Mentoring Committee - Heather FIndletar Hines and Kristen Ostrem-Niemcewicz
- Criteria Revisions Committee - Melissa Saftner and Nancy MacMorris-Adix
- Finance Committee - Suzan Ulrich and Susanrachel Condon
- Mentoring Committee - Kristen Ostrem-Niemcewicz and Heather Findletar Hines
- Annual Meeting Planning Committee (Fellows Talk, Induction Ceremony, New Fellows Orientation, Speed Mentoring Session, Website) - Sascha James-Conterelli, Heather Bradford, Heather Findletar Hines, Barbara Anderson, and Tammy Senn
- SROPs Task Force (reviewed during even-numbered years) - Beth Cooper and Laura Valle