Usage Terms and Conditions
ACNM invites you to view and use this Web site for your informational, non-commercial purposes. Using this Website to obtain information for your own use is not considered commercial use for the purposes hereof.
- Except as otherwise provided on this page, no part of any content or software on this Web site may be copied, downloaded or stored in a retrieval system for any other purpose, nor may it be redistributed for any purpose, without the express written permission of ACNM.
- The commercial use, reproduction, transmission, or duplication of any of the images, text and other materials that appear on this site without the prior written consent of ACNM is strictly prohibited.
- You understand that ACNM may, at any time and without notice, discontinue, update or change the Web site, discontinue or restrict your use of this Web site, or change its content or product offerings.
- Certain portions of the ACNM Web site are ?dynamic,? meaning that the pages are created from information contained in databases. Therefore, ACNM makes no assurance that information found at one unique URL will be available upon a return visit.
- The American College of Nurse-Midwives has created and maintains this Web site as a benefit and service in furtherance of ACNM?s nonprofit tax-exempt status.
- While some of the information on this site is about medical issues, it is not medical advice and should not be construed as such.
- While ACNM tries to keep the information at this site current, ACNM makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy of the content.
Trademarks and Copyright
- All materials contained on this Web site are the copyrighted property of ACNM, or the respective owners of such materials.
- All trademarks, service marks, trade names are proprietary to ACNM.
- No material from this Web site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download a copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided that (i) you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, (ii) you make no modifications to the materials, and (iii) you do not use the materials in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products.
- The use of any ACNM material on any other Web site or computer environment is prohibited without the express prior written consent of ACNM.
Web Site Advertising
- ?The appearance of advertising on the ACNM Web sites is neither a guarantee nor an endorsement by the ACNM of the product, service, or company or the claims made for the product in such advertising. The fact that an advertisement for a product, service, or company has appeared on the ACNM Web sites shall not be referred to in collateral advertising.
- As a matter of policy, the ACNM will sell advertising space on its Websites when the inclusion of advertising does not interfere with the mission or objectives of the ACNM or its publications.
- Placement of advertising adjacent to (i.e., next to or within) editorial content on the same topic is prohibited (for the table of contents, a banner advertisement must not appear next to the title of a related article). Just as a print advertisement should not be placed next to an editorial page on the same topic, a digital advertisement should not be adjacent to editorial content on the same topic, either by linking or appearing adjacent in the content section of the same screen. Similarly, just as a print reader can choose to read an advertisement or skip over it, a computer user should have the option to click or not click on an advertisement. Viewers will not be sent to a commercial site unless they choose to do so by clicking on an advertisement.
- The ACNM, in its sole discretion, retains the right to decline any submitted advertisement or to discontinue posting of any advertisement previously accepted.
- Digital advertisements must be readily distinguishable from editorial content. If the distinction is unclear, the word "advertisement" should be added.
- Advertisements and promotional icons may not appear on the home page of the ACNM Web site (http://www.midwife.org) except at the express discretion of the ACNM.
- ACNM, JMWH, andQuickeninglogos may not appear on commercial Web sites as a logo or in any other form without prior written approval by the individuals or organizations responsible for the respective areas within ACNM.
- The ACNM will not link to Web sites that frame the ACNM Web site content without express permission of the ACNM; prevent the viewer from returning to the ACNM Web site or other previously viewed screens, such as by disabling the viewer?s "back" button; or redirect the viewer to a Web site the viewer did not intend to visit.
- The ACNM reserves the right to not link to or to remove links to other Web sites.
Rights and Permissions Policy
ACNM publications are protected by copyright and all rights are reserved. ACNM publications may not be reproduced in any form or by any means without written permission from the copyright owner. Permission requests for ACNM publications (other than Journal of Midwifery & Women?s Health) and for foreign language translations should be directed to:
8403 Colesville Road, Suite 1550
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Phone: (240) 485-1800
Fax: (240) 485-1818
E-mail: [email protected]
Permission requests for selections from articles inJournal of Midwifery & Women?s Health should be directed to:
Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health
8403 Colesville Road, Suite 1550
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Phone: (240) 485-1815
Fax: (240) 485-1818
E-mail: [email protected]
Material reproduction permissions
The permission to reproduce ACNM material must be sought well before the expected publication date of your document. The written requests should contain the following information:
- Precise citation of the sought document or selection
- Title and publisher of your publication
- Means by which your publication will be distributed (i.e., included in a book, as a part of your patient education packet, handouts to students, on a CD, or your intranet, etc.)
Permissions are typically granted to reproduce selections of current ACNM materials based on the following conditions:
- Full credit to the source is shown as indicated in the permission granting letter.
- The information must be reproduced without modification, with the exception of style and format changes.
- Permission is given for one-time use and does not extend to electronic rights, subsequent editions, or foreign translations.
Permissions are not granted to reproduce ACNM material in any of the following circumstances:
- Use of all or most of a publication (i.e. one chapter from a book, or a form)
- Electronic reproduction of material in any form
- Use of material that is not original with ACNM (the original publisher must be contacted)
- Reproduction of a document that has been withdrawn from circulation
Permission is not required in the following situations:
- The information is in the public domain (i.e. published by a government entity).
- Small selections of text (1-2 paragraphs) are being extrapolated.
- A descriptive article is being written about a document (i.e. press release).
The ACNM logo is an official trademark of the College. It cannot be used by individuals or organizations except under formal agreement with the College. ACNM Chapters and midwifery practices should apply for permission to use the ACNM logo with the forms found on this page or contact [email protected]
Find a Midwife Service
The information accessible through the ?Find a Midwife? service is provided by the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) and is intended for use by the public to allow them quick access to information on midwifery professionals and practices.
The information accessible through this service is provided to the ACNM by the individual practices, and the ACNM does not verify this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information. While the ACNM takes reasonable efforts to keep this informational database up-to-date, the ACNM assumes no responsibility for its accuracy or for any errors or omissions which might be contained in this database.
Practices contained within this database may make certain claims of specialty, experience or competence within their listing. All such claims have been supplied by the midwife or midwifery practices themselves and have not been investigated or confirmed by the ACNM. The ACNM is therefore unable to verify whether any such claims are either accurate or permitted under relevant law, and thus accepts no responsibility whatsoever resulting from any errors or omissions in this information, or from any decision made or action taken based on this information. You are solely responsible for reviewing the qualifications of any healthcare professional that you choose, and for determining the appropriateness of any service or product that they may recommend. In no event shall the ACNM be liable to you or any other entity for the direct or indirect consequences of any decision or action you or any other person might make in reliance on the information contained in this service, including the selection of a healthcare professional.
By using this service, you acknowledge that information contained within ?Find a Midwife? is the proprietary product of the ACNM. The contents of this database may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced, copied, disseminated, entered into a computer database, used as part of or in connection with a mailing list, or otherwise utilized in any form or manner or by any means, except for the user's individual personal reference.
The maps and practice information provided by this service are for informational purposes only. No representation is made or warranty given as to their content, road conditions or route usability or expeditiousness. The American College of Nurse-Midwives and their suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from the use of this information.
By using this service, you agree to accept the proceeding terms and conditions.