Quality Care for Moms and Babies Act of 2013
What is the "Quality Care for Moms and Babies Act"?
- The Quality Care for Moms and Babies Act will:
- Foster development of quality measures related to maternal and infant care. This is important because many public and private payers are using quality performance as the basis of payment. Quality performance data is also being made available to the public covered under a variety of programs.
Is Your Legislator a Co-Sponsor?
- The Act also supports development of quality collaboratives focused on maternity care. These are organizations of stakeholders that work together to identify and encourage the use of best practices.
How Can You Take Action?
- Check to see if your Representative is sponsoring this bill. Go here, click on the button specifying "Bill number" above the search bar in the center of the screen, then search for "HR 896" Once you have the result, click on the link to "Cosponsors" to see the list. Repeat the search to see what your Senators are doing, this time looking for "S 425."
- Call your legislators and ask them to co-sponsor HR 896.
- Consider using these talking points when communicating with your legislator(s)
- After your call, send a follow-up email to the person you talked with.
- Here's a draft e-mail you might use. (Note that this draft email also mentions HR 2286)
- Write a letter to your Senators and Representative inviting them to visit with you in your practice so they can learn more about the value of midwifery care and our support for HR 896/S 425 and HR 2286. Here are sample letters you might use:
- Encourage your physician colleagues to write to their legislator(s) in support of the Quality Care for Moms and Babies Act
For more information, contact ACNM Federal Representative Patrick Cooney at 202-347-0034, email@example.com.