ACNM Member-Get-A-Member 2016!
October 4 - November 15, 2016
Do you have a friend or colleague that you've wanted to ask to join ACNM, and have been waiting for just the right time? Well, that time has arrived, and you could win a free attendee registration to the 62nd ACNM Annual Meeting May 21-25, 2017 in Chicago, IL, or even have your next ACNM National dues renewal paid for!
Starting October 4th, during Midwifery week, and ending November 15, 2016, every time you recruit a friend, colleague or student to join ACNM, you will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing. To raise the stakes - if you win, so does the person you recruited! Keep reading for more details on this.
Affiliates are competing as well! Two affiliates will win $500 each to help with their local membership activities. One will win by being the affiliate with the largest percentage increase in membership and the other will win by being the affiliate with the most members recruited.
Our Goal? 250 or more new members - that's only 5 new members per affiliate!
We can totally do this!
How does it work?
For ACNM Members:
Each time you recruit a member, your name (along with the new member's name) goes “in the hat” as one entry. The more members you recruit, the more chances you will have to win. At the end of the contest, the winners will be randomly drawn and notified.
How to make an official entry:
1. Your recruit must enter your name and state into the “Referred By” field of their membership application. This will count as an official entry.
2. Each member you recruit will be one entry into the contest. (The more members you recruit, the more chances you have to win)
Recruits win too! The best part is that if you win, the member you recruited on that winning entry will also win!
Grand Prize (4 members will win!) – 2 recruiters, and their 2 recruits on those winning entries, will each have their choice of one of the following prizes:
A free Attendee Registration to the 62nd Annual Meeting May 21-25, 2017 in Chicago, IL!
Have your next ACNM National membership dues renewal waived!
For the ACNM affiliate organizations:
To further support the amazing work that affiliates do locally in each US state, the District of Columbia, Uniformed Services and Indian Health Service/Tribal, this is also a friendly competition for you as well! There are 2 ways that an affiliate organization can win:
1. Highest percentage recruited. Awarded to the affiliate who has the largest percentage increase over the course of the campaign.
2. Most Recruited. Awarded to the affiliate with the most recruits during the campaign.
Grand Prize - $500!
There will be 1 winner from each category – $500 will be given to each winner to use for their affiliate functions! (See rules below for how a winner will be selected in the event of a tie.)
Ideas and Resources to help recruit
1. Talk about what membership in ACNM means to you
2. Show them the Member Testimonial Video.
3. Invite them to your next affiliate function and introduce them to other members and leaders.
4. If your affiliate has had a legislative win, or even a bill to support or defeat, talk to your recruit about adding their voice to the effort.
5. Talk about what your affiliate has done recently, and about what you have planned for the next year
6. Refresh your memory about all of your ACNM Member Benefits and Resources
7. Talk about the amazing time you had at your last annual meeting!
9. It's important to keep track of who you recruit in case you need to follow up with them.
Here are some Membership fliers that you could download and print. The affiliate flier on the right can be modified to include affiliate-specific information:
1. The recruiter must be a current ACNM member for their recruits to qualify.
2. To count as an entry, your recruited member must enter your name and state in the “Referred By” field of their application.
3. Each member you recruit counts as a separate entry in the drawing. The more members you recruit, the more chances you have to win.
4. You can recruit anyone as a member of ACNM as long as they don't have a current membership.
5. The National Membership Renewal prize option does not include affiliate dues. Winners who select this prize will still have to pay their affiliate’s dues.
6. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
7. The affiliates’ percentage growth will be based on their membership count at the beginning of the contest.
8. The contest begins 10/04/2016 and will end at 11:59 p.m.
Pacific on 11/15/2016.
9. After the contest closes, winners will be drawn randomly and notified.
10. Affiliate final numbers will be calculated and verified and the winners notified.
11. Affiliates can only win in one category.
a. In the event that an affiliate wins both, they will be declared the winner of the "Most Recruited" category.
b. The second-place finisher of the "Highest Percentage Recruited" category shall be declared the winner of that category and awarded the prize
12. In the event of a tie in the affiliate categories, the tied affiliates will be entered into a drawing and the winner randomly selected.
If you have any questions about the contest, please contact Salvador Chairez at [email protected].