Ensuring Access to Primary Care for Women & Children Act
What is the "Ensuring Access to Primary Care for Women & Children Act?"
- S. 737/H.R.2253, the "Ensuring Access to Primary Care for Women & Children Act" requires that Medicaid payment for certain primary care services rendered by specified providers, including primary care physicians, OB/GYNs, CNMs, NPs and PAs would be not less than those made under the Medicare program for a period of two years.
- In 2013 and 2014, increased primary care payments under Medicaid had been available, but only to a subset of primary care physicians who could attest that at least 60 percent of the Medicaid services they rendered consisted of the specified primary care services.
- Issue Brief
- Talking Points
- S. 737 Text, Summary and List of Cosponsors (Click here to see if your Senator or Representative is a cosponsor).
- Press Release from Sen. Brown
Take Action Now!
- You can use ACNM's legislative action center to send a message to your legislator asking him/her to support this bill. Click here!
- You can also encourage your colleagues, family members, or friends to use ACNM's Action Center to advocate on your behalf. It's simple and quick.
For more information, contact ACNM Federal Representative Patrick Cooney at 202-347-0034, [email protected].