The ACNM Annual Meeting & Exposition is the premier continuing education, networking, and business meeting for the
certified nurse-midwife (CNM) and certified midwife (CM) community nationwide. In 2012, we are inviting a high-profile faculty of national experts; boosting our meeting attendance of CNMs, CMs, and womenís health providers; and adding significant value for our corporate partners and other exhibitors. Check out our Exhibit Hall and Sponsorship opportunities to maximize your impact with more than 1400 womenís health experts!
Who Can You Reach?
CNMs and CMs play a leading role in womenís health care and are well-positioned to play an even more prominent role in years to come. Midwives attend an increasing number of births each year. But what you may not know is that midwives do so much more. Read the facts! Essential Facts about MidwivesCNMs and CMs can:
- Write prescriptions in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and most US territories.
- Practice collaboratively with physicians and in hospitals.
- Attend about 11% of the vaginal deliveries in the US...and that number is growing.
- Perform routine gynecologic care including family planning services, Pap tests, perimenopausal care, breast cancer screenings, and other womenís health services.
- Provide primary care services. In fact, up to 90% of all visits to CNMs/CMs are for primary care.
- Focus on education. CNMs/CMs believe in taking time to help women make informed decisions, often creating a bond of trust and support that is increasingly rare in health care today.
- A masterís degree is now required for entry to practice.