ACNM seeks midwifery experts for select global health projects on an as needed basis. If you are interested in consulting opportunities, please submit your resume or CV with a cover letter highlighting your specific areas of expertise to [email protected].
Consultants have the opportunity for front-line engagement in exciting new global health projects. Consultants will work within a supportive ACNM team to fulfill project expectations for our funders and global partners within a detailed project scope of work. Global projects are chosen to be in alignment with ACNM strategic goals related to strengthening professional organizations, improving service delivery for maternal, newborn and women’s health and enhancing and innovating approaches to online education for health care providers.
Candidates Should Possess:
- Ability to assess and update pre-service and continuing professional development education curricula, existing protocols/policies, service delivery guidelines, and other relevant resources within an evidence- based practice lens.
- Ability to lead in the development of frameworks/ toolkits/ guidelines/curricula or recommendations to promote and ensure quality of maternal newborn health and midwifery services.
- Ability to develop and lead consultative workshops, meetings and training activities with institutions, government officials, and external development partners.
- Ability to engage with educational institutions and evaluate country specific nursing/midwifery education including curriculum, teaching skills, competencies, skill labs and clinical training sites.
- Ability to interpret and inform scopes of practice and competency / regulatory frameworks for midwives and other health care providers.
Desired and Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of five years relevant professional experience in delivery of full scope midwifery services preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience in clinical practice, education, global health projects of sustained duration, leadership and management, and professional advocacy and representation. Previous experience must demonstrate a commitment to women's health .
- CNM/CM/RM/CPM/MD with master’s degree required for consideration, including current licensure and certification.
- Culturally competent and sensitive cultural norms, social determinants of health and appreciation of ground realities of working in developing and low resource settings.
- Experience in working in nursing/midwifery and workforce planning.
- Ability to keep pace with technology, advanced teaching and facilitating methods, virtual teaching and familiarity with learning platforms.
- Experience with common global work products including Helping Babies Breathe, Helping Mothers Survive, Essential Newborn Care and Respectful Newborn Care, and Respectful Maternity Care.
- Demonstrated project management, project planning and implementation skills.
- Demonstrated strong skills in analytical thinking and flexibility in rapidly changing environments.
- Strong verbal communications skills appropriate to a range of audiences.
- Excellent written communication skills with working knowledge of the following preferred: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, and Social Media tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work closely and collaboratively in a team environment is required.
- Customer service focus with ability to demonstrate courteous, cooperative, and helpful behavior to all internal and external contacts.
- Accountability, follow-through, and close attention to detail.
- Fluency in other languages is highly desired (French, Arabic, Farsi, Swahili and others)