Frequently Asked Questions for Prospective Fellows
1. How do I become a Fellow?
Each year, the FACNM BOG selects new Fellows-at-Large from applicants who self-nominate. Fellowship is conferred for the lifetime of the individual. Any CNM or CM who has been certified by AMCB, ACNM or ACC for 5 years or longer and is a current member of ACNM can apply.
Applicants will be asked to write in 400 words or less about their contributions. The applicant must also submit a CV/resume.
There is no cost to apply for Fellowship. If an applicant is accepted into Fellowship, a fee of $125 will be collected for induction expenses.
A letter of recommendation from a current Fellow is optional. If an applicant chooses to seek a letter of recommendation from a current Fellow, here are instructions
to assist them in writing the letter.2. What is the timeline for applying?
- Application site opens: November 1, 2020
- Application site closes: December 11, 2020
- Applicants informed by: February 26, 2021
3. If I am not accepted, can I apply more than once?
There is no limit to the number of times one can apply.
4. Is there a limit to the number of Fellows inducted every year?
No, if an applicant meets the criteria, they will be inducted into Fellowship.