Sexuality: Creating A Safe Space for our Patients with Sheila SilverWednesday, November 9, 2022 | 7:00 - 8:00 PM EST | 1 CE
$14.99 (Students) | $24.99 (Members) | $29.99 (Student Non-Members) | $49.99 (Non-Members)
Patients who have a history of ongoing pelvic pain, dyspareunia, vaginismus, or have experienced some degree of sexual trauma are often disassociated from their bodies. They come into appointments often emotionally afraid, physically guarded and potentially resistant to internal exams. This webinar will explore ways to decrease patient anxiety and provide ways midwives can help patients be present in their bodies. It will also give participants some tools in helping patients navigate sexual challenges in general.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Understand the psychosocial profile of a sexual trauma survivor.
- Demonstrate the essential components in creating a "climate of safety" before an internal exam.
- Outline the five stages of emotions and how to work with flashbacks and disassociation.
- List ways to help sexual trauma survivors be fully present and embodied during an exam.
- Describe common sexual challenges patients experience and ways of navigating these challenges.
- Relate how our own comfort level with the topic of sexuality can impact our effectiveness and ability to create safety for the patient.
- Explore ways midwives can refresh and re-energize themselves after working with patients with a history of sexual trauma.
Note about registration (PLEASE READ IN FULL)
1. You are registering for this webinar via the NEW ACNM Online Learning Center. In order to register for the webinar you must be logged in to your account.
2. If you had an account in the old Online Learning Center, then you have an account in the new system
3. Please use the email address registered to your membership account
4. If you are not a member or did not have an account in the old system, you will need to create a new account in the online learning center in order to register.
5. If you have any trouble please submit a request to the LMS Contact form.
Instructions for accessing the Online Learning Center
1. Create a password (the email on file is the email registered to your membership account)
2. Log-in to your account
3. Register for the webinar!
1. Create an account
2. Register for the webinar!
If you have any trouble please submit a request to the LMS Contact form.