At the ACNM 57th Annual Meeting in Long Beach
Leadership Breakfast, Sunday June 3, 8:30-11:30am.
- One officer from each affiliate may attend. Other participants will include ACNM Board members; Division, Committee, and Taskforce chairs; and national office staff.
- RSVP required—keep a look-out for this invitation.
Affiliate Officer Meeting, Wednesday June 6, 12:30-2:30pm.
- This is an opportunity for ACNM affiliate officers to meet with the ACNM Board of Directors and national office staff. The agenda will be developed based on current issues and affiliate interests.
Schedule a Meeting of Your Affiliate—deadline for reserving space is March 5.
- Official committees of ACNM, partner organizations, and other common-interest groups may schedule meeting time at the ACNM Annual Meeting. Space is reserved on a first come, first served basis. Please download and fill out the Meeting Request Form below and return it no later than March 5, 2012 to Melinda Bush at email@example.com. All space assignments will be based on availability and preference.
- Please note that you must submit one application for each individual meeting or event. The application is located at http://bit.ly/xDgo2z.
- The Midwifery Market and Art Bazaar is open to both general retailers and ACNM affiliates interested in selling items for fundraising purposes. Whether you’re fundraising for your affiliate or just browsing the booths, you’re sure to find something special for your colleagues and family or a treat for yourself at the Midwifery Market.
- If you’d like to sell products at the Midwifery Market and Art Bazaar, download the application for space and reserve your spot today! The application is located at http://bit.ly/zmxo3W.
In the ACNM 2012 Elections: A Presidential Year
It’s election season again, and 2012 is going to be an eventful year, not just for the US presidential election, but also for the ACNM presidential election! Here’s what you need to know:
- Get to know the candidates. Visit www.midwife.org/acnm-elections to read detailed biographical information and responses to the candidate question from candidates for president, secretary, region IV representative, region V representative, and Nominating Committee members.
- Visit the online election forum through February 3. The forum is where candidates and ACNM members can interact. Candidates are available to answer questions, and you may read their answer to your and other members’ concerns. Student members can also access the forum and ask questions! Plus, hear audio interviews of presidential candidates Ginger Breedlove, CNM, and Barbara Hughes, CNM.
- Cast your vote February 6–March 5. Members who have an e-mail address on file at ACNM will receive an e-mail in January with a link to the secure electronic ballot. All other members will be mailed voting instructions.
To find out how ACNM decides who to nominate as candidates, check out the Nominating Committee’s FAQ at www.midwife.org/elections, which covers how candidates are chosen, how you can nominate a candidate, and how you can get involved and run for office.