CNM Opportunity with Mujeres Aliadas in Rural Mexico
Mujeres Aliadas, a not for profit Mexican NGO, is seeking an English and Spanish speaking CNM volunteer for one year to work with us on our womens health and empowerment project in the beautiful Lake Pátzcuaro area in the Mexican state of Michoacán.
This is an excellent opportunity for a CNM who wants international experience, immersion in another culture, and who has a strong desire to help and work with women and girls. You will be a key member of the Mujeres Aliadas team (10 women, including two professional midwives) as it continues to provide the following much-needed programs and services to area indigenous and mestiza women and girls:
· Community health education and empowerment
· Womens health services in our clinics and birth center
· Education and training of local nurses enrolled in our professional midwife school
· Adolescent workshops covering topics such as sexuality, self-esteem and interpersonal relationships.
You will work with the Mujeres Aliadas staff on all of these programs and services, with lead roles in clinical oversight and teaching in the school.
Required Skills and Competencies
· Certified Nurse Midwife
· Fluency or near fluency in both English and Spanish
· Excellent writing, communication and computer skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Experience working collaboratively in a team structure
· Experience working in a multicultural environment an advantage
Although we would like a one year commitment, beginning as soon as possible, we are open to discussing shorter commitments.
Mujeres Aliadas will pay for housing and in-country, work-related travel.
To learn more about what we do, please visit our website: www.mujeresaliadas.org
If interested, please contact:
Brenda Madura - email@example.com
This page was last modified 9/17/2012 11:46:34 AM