With Women for a Lifetime Commendation
This honor recognizes midwifery services and education programs that have provided innovative and compassionate midwifery care to families, expanded access to women's health care as provided by certified nurse-midwives and/or certified midwives, and put the heart of midwifery into practice.
Every midwifery practice is eligible to apply for one silver (at least ten years of service) and one golden (at least twenty years of service) commendation, and receive a framed certificate and copy of the ACNM poster "The Heart of Midwifery".
How to Apply
Applicants should send a description (2 page maximum) to their ACNM Regional Representativespecifying how the service/education program meets the following criteria of how the service or education program meets the following criteria to your ACNM :
1. longevity: the service is at least 10 years old or more than 20 years old;
2. innovativeness: the service offers unique programs for women;
3. expanded access to care: the service has engaged in community outreach efforts;
4. education: the service has participated in the teaching / precepting of students or residents for at
least 50% of the time the service has been open; and
5. “The Heart of Midwifery” permeates the practice.
6. All CNM/CM members of the practice must be current ACNM members in good standing.
The regional representatives and the ACNM President will verify that each applying practice is eligible. Be sure to provide correct contact information for the practice, and the exact dates that the service has been in existence as it should appear on the certificate.
Instructions for Regional Representatives
After you receive the application and verify the practice meets the criteria, send the application to ACNM President and the appropriate ACNM national office staff for confirmation. The ACNM national office staff will be responsible for mailing the certificate and framed poster.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.