Explore Nashville, Tennessee
Nashville offers exciting attractions like the Grand Ole Opry House and the Parthenon, as well as the Country Music Hall of Fame, hundreds of live music venues, and delicious dining destinations. The Nashville Convention Center, where the ACNM 58th Annual Meeting will be held, is on Broadway in the heart of downtown—within walking distance to dining, shopping, attractions, the riverfront, and the famous (sometimes infamous!) Nashville nightlife.
1. Live music: With more than 120 live music venues and artists of every genre, Nashville offers something for everyone.
2. Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum: Whether or not you’re a fan of country music, don’t miss this beautiful building filled with the history of America’s music.
3. Ryman Auditorium: This National Historic Landmark is rich in history, and its acoustics are among the finest in the world.
4. Frist Center for the Visual Arts: Nashville’s premier museum has multiple exhibitions in a magnificent Art Deco building.
5. Grand Ole Opry: The world’s longest running live radio program has multiple shows each week.
6. Parthenon: This full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens is an art museum set in a large public park.
7. Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art: Wander through 55 acres filled with different styles and periods of gardens as well as an art museum.
8. Belle Meade Plantation: Tour the beautiful Greek-Revival mansion as well many other historic buildings and the winery that are on the plantation grounds.
9. Hiking and biking: Radnor Lake and Percy Warner Park are favorite spots.
10. Family Favorites: While many of these recommendations are suitable for children, other places to consider include the Nashville Zoo and Adventure Science Center.