Protecting Access to Primary Care Act
What is the Protecting Access to Primary Care Act?
- HR 2986, the Protecting Access to Primary Care Act will ensure that Certified Nurse Midwives and other advance practice providers receive the same incentive for primary care services rendered to Medicaid beneficiaries as is received by physicians. The Affordable Care Act set a floor for physician payment for primary care services under Medicaid, requiring that these payments at least equal those made under Medicare.
- Rep. Bonamici's Press Release
- Full text of HR 2986
Is Your Legislator a Co-Sponsor?
- Check to see if your legislator(s) are sponsoring this bill. Go here, click on the button specifying "Bill number" above the search bar in the center of the screen, then search for "HR 2986" Once you have the result, click on the link to "Cosponsors" to see the list.
- Call your legislators and ask them to co-sponsor HR 2986.
- After your call, send a follow-up email to the person you talked with.
- Encourage your physician colleagues to write to their legislator(s) in support of HR 2986
For more information, contact ACNM Federal Representative Patrick Cooney at 202-347-0034, email@example.com.