Midwife Volunteers for NGOabroad in Africa and South America
Midwives are needed in Africa and South America
1. The Sacred Valley, HIGH ANDES
Work in a local clinic which serves both town and surrounding remote villages. Your responsibilities will depend on your skills.
- Medical director welcomes midwives & ob/gyn.
- Spanish & Quechua are both helpful. Tutoring in both languages available.
2. Gulu, AFRICA
This region of Uganda was devastated by war as the "Lord's Resistance Army" kidnapped boys to fight as child soldiers and girls were raped and infected with AIDS. Work in their pediatric clinic to help prevent the transmission of AIDS to infants.
- Midwives are needed to teach Mother and Child Wellness.
- Director has also asked for help with reproductive education & family planning to reduce the size of large families struggling to feed all the kids.
3. Other sites in AFRICA: Cameroon, Sierra Leone
Teach Traditional Birth Attendants to monitor mothers in trouble during labor & delivery so they can get to clinic or hospital in time for a safe delivery ...thus helping prevent fistulas.
Other need: Well Mother/Well Baby Consultations.
Sierra Leone has high infant mortality so pre- and post-natal care needed.
Interested? Please READ the NGOabroad website.http://www.ngoabroad.com/then answer the Questionnaire and embed with resumeand email toinfo@NGOabroad.com
NGOabroad is a unique service that provides frugal, customized international volunteer options and helps people enter international humanitarian work.
This page was last modified 1/12/2012 1:48:35 PM