12 Things to Know Before You Go to Albuquerque
We can’t wait to see you Saturday, May 21 - Thursday, May 26 at the ACNM 61st Annual Meeting & Exhibition! Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the big event.
- Pick up your badge, tickets, and conference bags onsite. If you’ve already completed all of your purchases, the self-service “Scan and Go” registration kiosk center will offer the fastest service. Enter your last name and e-mail address at the self-service stations in the ACNM registration center. The Registration Center for the meeting will be located in Hall 3 & 4 Foyer, West Building, Main Level during these hours:
Saturday, May 21: 3:00–7:00pm
Sunday, May 22: 7:00am–4:00pm
Monday, May 23: 7:00am–4:00pm
Tuesday, May 24: 9:00am–3:00pm
Wednesday, May 25: 9:00am–3:00pm
Thursday, May 26: 9:00am–12:00pm
- Download and/or print your education session handouts. You may download or print handouts in advance of the meeting here.
- Prepare for dry, hot weather and cool conference rooms. Bring your favorite lip balm, hand/body lotion,sunscreen, and a hat if you plan to leave the hotel/convention center. It's really important to drink generous amounts of water to prevent dehydration and altitude sickness. This is especially important for those who have any cardiovascular issues, even hypertension, and for those who are sleep deprived. Don’t forget a sweatshirt or wrap for air conditioned conference rooms.
- Take advantage of discounted ground transportation. We have negotiated a discount with Sunport Shuttle to/from the local airport. Print this voucher for a round-trip rate of $20/person to the Doubletree, Hyatt Regency, Hotel Andaluz, and Embassy Suites. You may also wish to use the ACNM Ride Share Listserv to organize renting a car with other attendees or Uber to arrange transportation to activities during your stay. If you are staying at Embassy Suites, please note that it is a 10 minute walk from the Convention Center.
- Download the ACNM Annual Meeting mobile app for easy access to schedules and more. The easiest way to get the app is to visit your app store and search for ACNM61. You can download the app to your smart phone or tablet from the Apple App Store, Google Play, BlackBerry World, or Windows Phone Store. If you won’t be using a smart phone or tablet, you can still get the app by visiting www.eventmobi.com/ACNM61 in your web browser.
- Complete an evaluation form for each session/workshop you attend. To obtain your CEUs you must complete your evaluations via the ACNM Live Learning Center. Evaluations can be completed and saved using your own device during the meeting or after the meeting when you return home. Print your CEU certificates from home after you have evaluated all of the sessions you attended. CEU computer stations will not be available onsite.
- Don’t forget your donated items. Please join the New Mexico Affiliate of ACNM to gather supplies for their Tampons and Tamales Service Project. Supplies needed are tampons, pads, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, facial tissue, toilet paper, socks, soap, and laundry detergent. They will be distributed to organizations across New Mexico that directly help women, teenagers, and families in need. We are also collecting beanies for babies and knit caps for newborns. Bring your items to the collection bins located in the ACNM Registration area.
- Bring a water bottle and yoga mat. In lieu of water stations with disposable cups, the Albuquerque Convention Center has water bottle refill stations throughout the space. We’re also offering daily yoga Monday through Thursday 6:00 - 7:00AM. Pack your mat if you’d like to participate!
- If you indicated a special dietary request when you registered, you will need to go to booth 1005 in Hall 4 of the exhibit hall to get your meal for the Tuesday and Wednesday lunches.
- Pack Your Outfit for the Awards Dinner and Midwifery Celebration Party! $40 reserves your seat and a plated dinner at the semi-formal awards ceremony on Wednesday, May 25 at 7:00pm—space is not guaranteed without a reservation. The doors open to everyone for the free midwifery celebration after-party at 9:00pm! Let us know in advance whether you plan to attend before you check in at the meeting. If you have purchased a ticket to the Awards Dinner, you may choose your seat assignment online by opening your registration confirmation email and clicking “reserve your seat.” If you do not chose your seat online, you will need to go to the registration booths onsite to receive an assignment. All selections are final once they have been made.
- Visit the ShopACNM Bookstore for the new Home Birth Practice Manual. Stop by the ShopACNM Bookstore in Ballroom and Auditorium Foyer, West Building, Upper Level. We’ll have brand new copies of the latest ACNM Home Birth Practice Manual as well as other publications and products to support your practice and promote midwifery. This year, to make your purchases easier and faster, we have gone to Square to facilitate your transactions.If you attended MidwiferyWorks! 2015, you were a part of our beta test in the store, and it went amazingly well. Because of this switch, we will only accept credit cards and checks (which we found everyone preferred anyhow). Please note that cash will not be accepted for your purchases in ShopACNM.
- Get the inside scoop on local happenings. Check out 14 Things That Make Albuquerque Secretly Cool and like New Mexico Midwives on Facebook for shopping and dining deals.
RSVP to our Facebook event and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to connect with other attendees and receive up-to-the-minute news and deadlines in real time. Check out ACNM on YouTube and Pinterest, too! We’ll be using the hashtag #ACNM61 leading up to the meeting and throughout our time there.