Join the GAC
Join the Government Affairs Committee (GAC)
To apply to the Government Affairs Committee, send your resume to email@example.com.
Members serve three‐year terms, which start and end at the conclusion of each Annual
Meeting. To inquire about open positions or for additional questions about joining,
email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “GAC position” in your subject line.
Qualifications needed to join the Government Affairs Committee:
- Agree to a pledge of confidentiality and conflict of interest
- Demonstrate interest in the political and policy work of ACNM
- Able to attend most monthly conference calls
- Able to attend Annual Meetings at least every other year of the term
Job Description for Government Affairs Committee Members:
- Develop and evaluate political and economic policy related to midwifery practice and women’s health
- Participate in the development and implementation of the ACNM Legislative Agenda
- Work with ACNM Federal Lobbyist and the Director of Government Relations to coordinate and implement ACNM legislative efforts
- Initiate and coordinate the ACNM grassroots response for political change
- Serve as resources for local chapters/affiliates and states for political action on state and federal legislative issues
Calling All Students! If you are a CM or CNM student and you are interested in the Government Affairs Committee and the Midwives‐PAC, we need you! Find out more about becoming a Student Legislative Contact (SLC) from your school, or email the Government Affairs Committee (email@example.com) or Midwives-PAC (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “student liaison” in your subject line. Learn more.