Grassroots action by ACNM members makes a critical difference to our public policy efforts. Your involvement matters!
The Advocacy and Government Affairs department is committed to helping affiliates achieve their advocacy goals. Examples of support that we can provide include but are not limited to:
- writing letters of support or opposition in response to proposed legislation and regulation
- communicating national policy on issues
- developing talking points
- compiling aggregate data to demonstrate trends
Keep in mind that other members are an invaluable source of information. Use the list serves to see how others have dealt with public policy issues in their states.
Take Action Now
- ACNM's Grassroots Action Center allows association members to quickly and easily contact their legislators regarding pending legislation that is of importance to midwifery. Everything you need to get it done is provided.
Currently Supported Federal Legislation
Sign-On Advocacy Letters
Advocacy Training, Events and Tools
- On this page, you can access a variety of topic specific resources to help you advocate on issues of importance to ACNM. (Members Only)
- Use this form to report back to ACNM on what occurred when you met with your legislator.
- It's the Little Things - Cassie Moore, ACNM Writer and Editor
Let's Get Political - Emily Hoger, SNM
Every Month is Advocacy Month - by Kathryn Kravetz Carr, CNM; Brielle Stoyke, CNM; and Jeni Poell, CNM
Building Relationships: My First ACNM Lobby Day, Blog post April 6, 2011- Jenifer Poell, CNM, WHNP-BC, VIce-Chair, ACNM Government Affairs Committee
MOMS 21 Blog Post August 9, 2010 - Kathryn Kravetz Carr, CNM, Chair, ACNM Government Affairs Committee
MOMS 21 Blog Post July 27, 2010 - Kathryn Kravetz Carr, CNM, Chair, ACNM Government Affairs Committee
MOMS 21 Blog Post July 19, 2010 - Heather Bradford, CNM, Ex-Officio, Government Affairs Committee, Chair, Midwives-PAC