This is the login panel
Following induction, all Fellows may include "FACNM" after their name, regardless if they are a CM or a CNM. FACNM follows the degrees and certifications.2. Now that I am a Fellow, what is my role?
Once a Fellow, your responsibility is to help advance the organization, its membership, and the profession of midwifery. Opportunities include leadership and consultation as needed at the affiliate, state, and/or regional level. Here are some examples:
1. Fellows are encouraged to consider speaking on a topic of interest at the Fellows? talk during the ACNM Annual Meeting. Please reach out to your Regional Representative if interested.
2. Fellows are invited to serve as mentors to students and new midwives. Please reach out to Missi Stec, DNP, CNM, FACNM, FAAN, to get involved.
3. Fellows are encouraged to review scholarship and award applications for the ACNM Foundation. Please reach out to the ACNM Foundation President if interested.
4. Fellows are encouraged to consider running for the FACNM Board of Governors. Learn more about their job description in the FACNM BOG Standing Rules of Procedure and positions available.
FACNM dues and fees cover expenses including FACNM application, medallion, BOG meeting during annual meeting and special projects. Voluntary dues are remittable annually to the treasurer as announced.
4. What are the expectations of the Fellows during the ACNM Annual Meeting?
Fellows are asked to sit in the Fellows section of the convocation during the opening session of the Annual Meeting, during which time they should wear their medallion. Fellows do not need to wear their medallions at any other time.
New Fellows are asked to wear their medallion during the entire ACNM Annual Meeting in which they were inducted.
All Fellows are encouraged to attend the Council of Fellows Meeting. At this meeting, the new Fellows will be welcomed and the work of the FACNM will be discussed.
5. I have lost my medallion. How can I get a replacement?
Please reach out to the Chair of the FACNM Board of Governors and she will give it to you at the ACNM Annual Meeting. The cost for a replacement is $25. Please email the FACNM BOG Treasurer directly to remit payment.
6. I need a new ribbon for my medallion. How can I replace it?
Please reach out to the Chair of the FACNM Board of Governors and she will give it to you at the ACNM Annual Meeting. The cost for a replacement is $5. Please email the FACNM BOG Treasurer directly to remit payment.
7. How do I communicate with other Fellows of the ACNM?
All new Fellows will automatically be added to the Fellows Community via ACNM Connect. If you would like to confirm that you are added, please reach out to your regional member of the Board of Governors to confirm.
8. I am interested in running for the FACNM Board of Governors (BOG). What shall I do?
Interested Fellows are encouraged to reach out to the FACNM Nominating Committee to learn more about the varying roles and how to proceed. The BOG of the FACNM has executive, regional, governor-at-large, and nominating committee positions. Please check the BOG positions for when terms expire. The BOG and nominating positions are elected by the Fellows of the ACNM. The election occurs annually prior to March 15th.