Quickening Editorial Guidelines
Certified-nurse midwives, certified midwives, student nurse-midwives and other health care professionals receive Quickening. ACNM members comprise 85% of the certified nurse-midwife population.
Editorial Submission Guidelines:
- Submission of news stories is open to members of the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) and should be directly pertinent to midwifery practice and/or research.
- Submissions should be no more than 400 words; however the submission of a story does not guarantee publication. Photos are appreciated; digital photos of a resolution 300dpi or higher are preferred.
- All articles appearing in Quickening become the rights of ACNM for one-time usage. Authors retain individual reprint rights at their discretion. To obtain reprint rights for articles or information appearing in Quickening, contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-485-1822.
How to Submit
Copy - Electronic submission as a Microsoft Word document is preferred, however most file formats can be accepted. Articles may also be submitted by mail, however, all submissions must be typed.
Photographs - Electronic submission in bitmap (.bmp) or (.tif) file formats preferred, however most file formats can be accepted.
Submissions must include the following information:
- Your name as you would like it to appear in a by line, please include accurate credentials and any committee positions held with ACNM;
- A proposed headline for the article;
- If a photograph is to be submitted for the article, please send a caption identifying all individuals pictured as well as a disclosure form for any minors pictured; and
- Contact information, including a telephone number.
Send your submission to email@example.com.