With Ebola currently front and center in the nation's consciousness, we're committed to sharing the latest information and evidence-based resources from our partners in public health.
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
American Nurses' Association (ANA)
American Public Health Association
Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Key Messages
Web Site is a hub for all Ebola-related information.
- Interim U.S. Guidance for Monitoring and Movement of Persons with Potential Ebola Virus Exposure
for Breastfeeding/Infant Feeding in the Context of Ebola
- What Obstetrician-Gynecologists Should Know about Ebola: A Perspective from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention
Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Ebola 101 Webinar - Thursday, Dec 11, 2014 - HRSA joins the CDC State Coordination Task Force and the Joint
Information Center to host this informative webinar which will provide an
overview of Ebola Virus Disease and the CDC's current outbreak response
activities. Q & A time will be provided.
- Update on Domestic Ebola Response (Dec 2, 2014) - White House Ebola Response Coordinator Ron Klain reported that America
is far more prepared to cope with Ebola domestically, and much farther
along in efforts to squelch the virus at the source than
just two months ago. Read the fact sheet.
Information for Nurses - The US Department of Health and Human Services hosted a national
call, "Caring for Patients with Ebola in U.S.
Hospitals: A Nursing Perspective," on November 24th. A recording of the call is now available. More information
curated by CDC experts specifically for US health care workers can be found at www.hrsa.gov/ebola.
- Daily Updates includes the most current information on Ebola.
- Ebola Information for Healthcare Professional and Healthcare Settings
Medscape Nurses Education
- Ebola: What You Need to Know: Clinical Principles for Detection and Prevention is a course offered by Medscape (CE credit available).
New York Times
Nursing Community Ebola Virus Statement
- A coalition of 61 nursing organizations signed on to state that the focus on responding to the Ebola Virus Disease in the United
States and the devastating outbreak in West Africa must be on patient
health and community protection.
- Rx Response is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization created to help ensure that during disasters patients can access the medicines they need. See their Ebola Resources page.
Tri-Council for Nursing Joint Statement
- The Tri-Council for Nursing issued a joint statement, Engaging Academic Nursing in the National Response to Ebola.
World Health Organization
- Global Alert and Response provides the latest updates on alert and response information.
- Guide to Provision of Safe Delivery and Immediate Newborn Care in the Context of an Ebola Outbreak