Aadharbhut Prasuti Sewa (APS) Birth Centre Nepal
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, learn new skills, add variety to your work experience and contribute to the local community, society and the nation. While you are at leisure, you can complement your free time by joining volunteer programs at the APS.
As a part of its activities, APS opens up opportunities for professional women and men to serve as APS volunteers and contribute to the society in improving the health status of a woman and her baby before, during and after childbirth. The APS recruits and offers volunteer opportunities mainly to the nursing profession for both locally and overseas trained professionals. However, it can also recruit volunteers from other disciplines such as management, finance, marketing, website designing and other health professionals depending on the needs of the APS but such type of volunteer opportunities are limited in number. Please note that an applicant who applied to volunteer does not guarantee an APS volunteer assignment.
Requirements and Benefits
· Basic requirements Local and International Volunteers
- To become an APS volunteer one should fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- A university degree or higher technical diplomas (i.e. Nursing, Midwifery, doctors, Management/Finance/Marketing/Website designing and other health professionals)
- A desire to gain relevant working experience and at the same time contribute to the society
- Be at least 18 years of age (no maximum age limit)
- A strong commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism
- Ability to work in team and respect team spirit
- Ability to adjust in stressful conditions
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Prior volunteering and/or working experience in relevant field are an asset
- Local Volunteers
- The short-listed applicants are required to attend an interview and at the time of interview, she/he will be required to bring letter of recommendation, originals of their diplomas and other certificates related to their education, training and work experience. Please note that phone calls and influences from other people on behalf of the applicant will not be entertained. It can jeopardize the selection of the candidate.
- International Volunteers
- We are very happy to have International volunteers. Please contact us by email and we can give you any additional information you require. It is preferred to have a minimum stay of 4 weeks in order to become familiar with our centre and the culture.
- Benefits are, in principle, not measured in monetary terms determined by the labour market. Foremost is the personal and professional satisfaction the assignment should bring to you as an APS volunteer.
- Local Volunteers In return for your service, you will receive the following benefits (applies to recently graduated local students only):
- Volunteer Allowance (VA) intended to cover basic minimum transportation expenses to travel by public transportation to and from the APS within the Kathmandu Valley including minimum refreshment cost per day, which is paid each month
- Weekly off, Sick Leave, Annual leave
- A letter detailing your experience
Conditions of service
· Duration of Assignment
- APS volunteer assignments usually last between few weeks to 12 months. However, it can be extended up to 24 months.
· Type of Assignment
- APS assigns two types of volunteers: Full-time and Part-time volunteer. Full-time volunteer is required to work 40 hours a week and part-time volunteer is required to work 20 hours a week.
- Volunteer Allowance (only for recently graduated local students) APS provides allowance to the APS Volunteer. The allowance is intended to cover basic minimum transportation cost to travel by public transportation within the Kathmandu valley to and from the APS including minimum refreshment cost per day, and should not be considered as a salary. It is paid each month and not negotiable.
- Depending on the type of volunteer assignment, the APS Volunteer is entitled to time off at the rate of one-day in a week and sick leave at a rate of one working day a month that she will be required to take during the assignment period. No payment in lieu of leave will be made.
For more information, see the website at: http://www.apskendra.org/home/
This page was last modified 6/20/2013 1:08:07 PM