Midwives Needed for Standard Setting for Midwife Sonography Exam
The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) is looking for midwives to volunteer for their standard setting in May 2016! The meeting will take place in Rockville, Maryland May 19-21. All expenses are paid by ARDMS (airfare, travel, lodging, meals, etc.) and volunteers are awarded CMEs for participating. Volunteers who participate in setting the standard for the Midwife Sonography Exam are not eligible to take the exam for one year past the date of participation. Volunteers would have to wait until Fall of 2017 to take the Midwife Sonography Examination if they participate in this panel.
Below is a list of parameters ARDMS is looking for in panel members:
1. Majority of the panel members are Certified Midwife (CM) or Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM) who practice sonography but do not hold RDMS-OB credential.
2. One or two panel members who are CM or CNM but also hold RDMS-OB credential.
3. ARDMS cannot accept any person who has been directly involved with the preparation of a course in sonography by ACNM for our candidates.
4. Select panel members need to be geographically representative (at least one from each region: Northeast, South, Midwest. and Northwest) http://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/maps-data/maps/reference/us_regdiv.pdf. Avoid having more than one panel member from the same state.
5. Select panel members with different practice settings (rural vs. urban; hospitals vs. birth centers vs. birth in homes) and years of experience.
Contact: [email protected] or 240-599-0244