Volunteer Opportunity: ACNM Liaison to ACOG Committees
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins-Obstetrics (PB-OB) needs a CNM/CM to represent ACNM as a member liaison to the Committee. This is a new liaison opportunity for ACNM. At this time, ACNM is the only professional association to have a liaison position on this Committee.
This Committee manages the production and review of all ACOG Practice Bulletins for Obstetrics. Committee members make recommendations for new Practice Bulletins and function as primary or secondary editors for Practice Bulletins that are in development. The ACNM liaison reviews all documents before the Committee and participates in line editing of each document.
The appointment is for 3 years and requires attendance at 2 on-site meetings in Washington DC per year, 2 conference calls per year, and review of documents via email over the course of the year. The next meeting is in March 2016.
- At least five years of clinical experience
- Access to Pub Med and experience reviewing and evaluating the literature on obstetric topics
- Experience writing and/or editing is extremely valuable
- Ability to attend the 4 meetings (2 in person, 2 teleconference) each year for the 3-year appointment
- Comfort meeting with ACOG leaders and representing a strong ACNM voice
How to apply:
All applications are due to the ACNM national office by email to [email protected] by February 5, 2016. Please send CV and letter of interest, indicating “ACOG Committee” in the subject line. Appointment notifications will be made in February to enable participation in the upcoming March 2016 meeting.
For questions about this appointment, please contact Tekoa King, CNM, current ACNM representative to the ACOG Committee on Obstetric Practice (COOP) at [email protected].