ACNM Publications Committee Seeks Members
The ACNM Board has approved the establishment of a new Publications Committee to work closely with national office staff to plan and develop content for professional resources and publications, such as the ACNM handbooks currently available in ShopACNM. The ACNM Publications Committee will consist of 5 to 7 ACNM members whose responsibilities will be to help identify content gaps or topics worthy of publishing, evaluate and prioritize proposed projects, help develop an annual publishing schedule, and provide recommendations for retirement of products. Committee Responsibilities
1) Review the 2013 ACNM membership survey and strategic publications review and make recommendations for products that should be created, revised, or retired.
2) Monitor the environment, stay abreast of industry publications, and converse with fellow ACNM members in order to make recommendations on topics and formats for ACNM publications.
3) Review an annual sales report to make recommendations on the revisions and retirement of applicable publications.
4) Evaluate and schedule proposed projects, make recommendations for streamlining publications operations and marketing, and enhancing the value of ACNM publications to members.
This committee will not be responsible for developing ACNM clinical bulletins or position statements. Desired Qualifications of Committee Members
* Current membership in ACNM
* Interest in developing resources to support excellence in the midwifery profession
* Desire to learn more about publishing
* Previous publications or educational content development experience preferred but not required
* Ability to attend the ACNM Annual Meeting
* Ability to contribute to monthly teleconferences and discussion with committee members and appropriate liaisons
To chair the committee, we are seeking an ACNM member who has some background in or knowledge of the publishing industry, educational content development, or publications process and/or marketing. Chairpersons will serve a 3-year term.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV and letter of interest to Tina Johnson, director of Professional Practice & Health Policy, at [email protected]
by April 30 with "Publications Committee" in the subject line. Please feel free to contact Tina with any other questions about this project. Any interested committee members attending the 59th Annual Meeting & Exhibition in Denver will have an opportunity to meet for an in-person meeting on Sunday, May 18.