Enter the 9th Annual ACNM Video Contest
Midwives and student midwives are invited to show off their creative talents in the 9th Annual ACNM Video Contest. The grand prize winner of each category will win one free registration to the ACNM 62nd Annual Meeting & Exhibition in Chicago, IL, May 20 - 24, 2017. Grand prize winners and runners up will be posted on the ACNM YouTube channel and considered for use in public relations efforts. All submissions must be received by Monday, May 2, 2016.
1. Midwifery Moment of Truth. Do you have a funny, compelling, engaging, or unique Moment of Truth about your decision to become a midwife? This category has traditionally been limited to student midwives and new grads; however, this year we'd like to invite midwives of all ages and backgrounds to submit a video based on why they decided to become a midwife. Video content should focus on how your desire and decision to become a midwife came to be — what was your midwifery moment of truth? Current enrollment in or recent graduation from an ACME-accredited midwifery education program is required for students who are submitting in this category.
2. Choose a Midwife. Use your passion and creativity to help ACNM raise public awareness about midwifery. When did you realize midwifery care was the right choice for you? Which aspect of a midwife's approach to health care would you like to share with others? This category is open to midwives, student midwives, and midwifery supporters. Video content must focus on why women should choose a midwife as a birth care provider and/or a primary health care provider.
3. Why I'm an ACNM Member. What does your membership mean to you? How does the ACNM community impact your life on a daily basis? What do you value most about being a member? This category is open to all ACNM members. We encourage creative content as you reflect on how joining ACNM has affected your life in a positive way.
• Length must be between one and four minutes. (If they are longer, they will be disqualified!)
• Do not include copyrighted music or materials. (i.e. Be creative! Don't submit a video you already use for promotional purposes for your practice.)
• Group submissions are welcome! (If a group submission wins, the entire group will be acknowledged as winners, but they must decide on one person from their group or affiliated education program to receive the grand prize.)
• Only one submission per individual or group will be accepted.
Submitting Your Video
• Send your video along with your name, practice or education program if applicable, anticipated date of graduation if applicable, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number. Please also indicate which category you are entering.
• Videos must be submitted as an mpeg, mp4, or mov file and mailed to American College of Nurse-Midwives, c/o Video Contest, 8403 Colesville Road, Suite 1550, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Please submit videos on a flashdrive/thumbdrive.
• All submissions must be received by Monday, May 2, 2016. Questions should be directed to [email protected].
Winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner & Midwifery Celebration Party on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at the ACNM 61st Annual Meeting & Exhibition in Albuquerque, NM.