Global Newborn Health Conference 2013
Accelerating the Scale-Up of Maternal and Newborn Health Interventions to Reduce Mortality
15-18 April, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
The target audience for this conference includes Ministry of Health policymakers and program managers, professional associations (in particular pediatric, obstetric and midwifery associations), NGOs engaged in maternal and newborn health (MNH) at national level, UN agencies, USAID missions and USAID-funded bilateral projects as well as other donor-funded national MNH projects.
The Global Newborn Health Conference 2013 will:
- Review progress of newborn survival and health programming over the past decade
- Provide technical updates
- Share in-country experiences in scaling-up newborn health interventions, including health system strengthening issues
- Discuss research priorities for newborn health and promising new technologies and innovative tools
Successful outcomes of the conference would include:
- Commitment by attendees to accelerate action on newborn programming in their countries.
- Candid sharing of challenges in introducing or scaling-up specific newborn interventions and how these were/were not addressed.
- South-south networking to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Mobilization of broad ownership and support for the draft Global Newborn Action Plan.
If you have questions about participation in the Global Newborn Health Conference 2013, please feel free to contact the conference organizers here.
Individuals interested in attending the conference must pre-register online by clicking here.
On-site check-in will take place at the Birchwood Hotel.